Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!


This year's Halloween costumes were cost effective for sure! A few weeks ago, the boys and I were talking about they wanted to be for Halloween and Will said immediately "I want to be Curious George again this year!" When I reminded him that's what he was last year , he didn't waver...no talking this kid off the fence! I was a little concerned about whether it would fit so we went to try it on when Grady saw our Blue's Clues costume..."Mommy, mommy I want to be Blue!" For the mom who likes her kids to have a theme for Halloween (2 years ago, Will was Blue and Grady was a clue; last year Will was CG and Grady was The Man in the Yellow Hat), I was squirming inside...but the penny pincher in me liked the idea of reusing costumes! PLUS, we obviously didn't have a costume for RJ that could be reused so that opened up a bit of lattitude for her all too important costume! (For the record, her Children's Place costume was about $10...not bad!) So, in short it was decided...Will was Curious George, Grady was Blue and RJ was a leopard! No theme this year!!!

Little did I know, what a bonus Will being CG and a head "taller" than his friends would be this year! As the big kids on campus in preschool, the 4 year olds get to wear their costume to school on Halloween and go trick or treating through all the classrooms and into the administrtation wing to visit all the church offices. Of course, I was there (with my camera) as a "helper" and LOVED seeing his George head make his way through the hallway! They were all so cute and of course, SO very excited about all the Halloween treats!

Of course George and Luke Skywalker (aka Will's buddy Joe) were joined at the hip!

Follow the bouncing Curious George head:

Back in their classroom, making witch's brew in the Halloween hut:Off to trick-or-treat after a very full day! Our favorite vision of the night was watching Blue chase after George with Blue's ears flopping with every bounce as he ran...house after house after house!

No comments: